Kutná Hora Depot
The Kutná Hora Depot is located directly in the area of Kutná Hora Central station, which is located on a czech railway line no. 230 implemented in TERFN rail network, almost 11 km from the train station Kolín, in a close distance from the 1. and 3. rail transit corridor.
In Kutná Hora Central station the place of contact of 3kV DC and 25kV 50Hz AC rail power supply is located, therefore is possible to operate and test here electric rail vehicle of any traction and there is no need of transport the rail vehicle to other distant stations for testing purposes.
The Depot offers the tracks of almost 1000 m lenght, 2 tracks of 42m each are located inside covered, heated and illuminated shed, equipped with assembling and ispectional pits. The depot mecanical equipment of lifting jacks (4x 20 tonns and 4x 16 tonns) is available. Together it's possible to lift two car rail vehicle unit without detaching.
The Depot compound was builded probably in 50s of past century and for approximately 15 years was completely abandoned till april 2019. Since that the Depot is in our keeping and redevelopment of the compound damaged by unauthorised usage and decay started. Since february of 2020 the depot operates at full capacity.
Take a look at some photos and video captured during repairs.
- Builded in 50s of past century
- Approximately 15 years abandoned and left to decay
- Keeping by company and repair starting in 2019
- Operating at full capacity from february 2020
- Utility lenght of all tracks almost 1000 m
- Covered, heated and illuminated shed
- 2 tracks inside the shed equipped with assembling and inspectional pits
- Close to 1. and 3. rail transit corridor
- Two types of rail power supply in the station area
Depot status now - Building operations still in progress
Condition before repair
Condition of rail depot before our presence